The Faculty Mentor will:
- Discuss career and transfer goals with mentee.
- Meet with the mentee within the first month of the semester and at least bi-weekly after the initial meeting.
- This meeting will serve as the initial meet and greet between the mentor and the mentee.
- The purpose of this meeting will also be to confirm the appropriate program selection in relation to career and transfer planning.
- Review advising notes about initial career and academic conversations.
- Utilize current College software programs related to career development for career information. And collaborate with Career
- Services to assist students may be undecided.
- Create, maintain, and document an academic completion plan that will lead to successful career and transfer planning.
- Utilize current College software programs related to advising to create notes, and appointments, tract student progress, and review notes to read about initial career and academic conversations.Mentors will receive training before accepting a load of mentees.