True to our motto, “United for Excellence in Education,” each year the PA offers one scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 to a deserving MVCC student.
We hope that this scholarship not only provides financial assistance & support to encourage the students’ progress in their studies but also helps educate the students about the purpose and function of unions like ours in the educational process.
Scholarship brochures and application forms are available at the following office:
Office of Institutional Advancement
Payne Hall 366
Mohawk Valley Community College
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501-5349
Scholarship application forms must be completed and returned to the above office by December 1st.
Each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Student must have completed at least 30 credit hours at MVCC at the time of application
- Student must submit a current MVCC transcript reflecting a minimum 3.00 GPA
- Student must include two letters of recommendation
- Student must write a 500-word essay on one of the following topics:
- The Importance of Labor Unions in American Society
- The Value of a Community College Education
The PA’s Internal Communications Committee will review all completed applications, select the scholarship recipient, and forward that student’s name to the Executive Board for approval.
The essay of the scholarship winner will be published in the PA newsletter, PAnorama. The scholarship will be awarded during the Professional Association’s annual January luncheon, with further recognition being cited during the MVCC college-wide scholarship luncheon in May.