1. No later than 8:30 a.m. on the Monday of the tenth week of each semester, the initial Center list of unassigned sections for the following semester shall be posted in each Center office and a master list of unassigned sections shall be posted on both campuses. These lists shall remain posted until the end of the sign-up period at 4:30 p.m. of the following Friday. The initial Center and master lists of unassigned sections for the summer sessions shall be posted in the same manner during the preceding spring semester.
2. The Center and master lists shall contain all course sections that are unassigned, including those at correctional facilities, sections on hold, late starts, etc. The list(s) of college-wide courses not belonging to a specific Center shall be posted in the appropriate college office.
3. In addition to this list, a folder marked “Overload Requests” shall be located near the list of courses and available to all bargaining unit members.
4. Bargaining unit members shall make their overload request(s) by filling out an overload request form and placing it in the “Overload Requests” folder by the end of the designated sign-up period.
5. Bargaining unit members must use the form provided by the College in completing their request(s) and may indicate their order of preference.
6. Employees have the option of submitting the overload request forms directly to the appropriate Center or to the office of the Dean of the Rome Campus.
7. Forms submitted to the office of the Dean will be faxed to the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Instruction who will deliver them to the appropriate Center. Hard copy will follow in the campus mail.
8. The College may post fall and spring semester unassigned varsity sports for the next academic year in the spring semester with the fall semester overload posting.
The joint overload committee shall remain in place during the term of this agreement to modify or expand these procedures as mutually agreed by the parties.